Junior Lifeguards 2021!
Greetings Junior Lifeguard Family! As we inch closer and closer to summer, we just wanted to give you an upated on our plans for this summer. We're actively planning the summer 2021 Junior Lifeguard Program. This summer, we're looking to offer 6 one week sessions at Crown Beach, Contra Loma and Cull Canyon. The sessions, which will be limited to 8 Junior Guards and 2 Aides will operate in accordance with all local and state guidelines to minimze the spread of COVID-19. The safety of your children is our number one priority. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out directly. Stay safe and see you all soon!
Contra Loma Update 5/28/2020
The opening date for Contra Loma Swim Lagoon has been postponed to mid-August. At the end of the 2019 season, a number of repairs were identififed as neccesswary to reopen. The inital plan was to have all work completed prior to opening day 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the project was put on hold. At this point, the work is anticipated to begin with the coming weeks, but will liekly take 2-3 months. Thank you for understanding.
COVID-19 Update 5/22
After much thought and consideration, we are pushing back the start date of our 2020 Junior Lifeguard Program. This includes the Junior Lifeguard, Junior Aide and Junior Cadet programs. At this point, Sessions 1, 2 and 3 are being cancelled. Our hope is that we can resume summer programming starting with session 4 in July. Those that are currently registered in the program, will be getting a refund in the coming weeks.
We are actively working to find a way to offer the same quality programming you’ve come to know in the past while following the current guidelines in place in most of the Bay Area. These guidelines include screening children and staff for COVID-19 symptoms daily, social distancing participants from each other and instructors, offering programs to essential employees only, limiting group size to 12 or less and ensuring group stability. Although we have quite the uphill climb ahead of us, we don’t feel it insurmountable for 2020 yet.
As this COVID-19 pandemic and corresponding health orders have been fluid these last few months, so too must we be. At the end of the day though, the overall health, safety and well being of our staff and participants will guide all decisions we make.
As we know more, we’ll be reaching out to provide the updates. As always, you can reach out to me directly as well.
Take care and stay safe!